Friday, December 17, 2021

Playing video games... Wartales! (Early Access)

 I recently started playing Wartales (currently in Early Access) and it's extremely fun! Of course, being the masochist I am (just kidding, I actually really, really don't like pain!) I'm playing the game on hard mode. That means I'm reloading... a lot of them time. But the fun of the game (for me) is really in trying to puzzle out tough combat. It's turn based and complex enough it takes me a few tries on most battles (I don't want any of my mercenaries to die). Add to this that I didn't recruit any new mercenaries beyond my starting 4 for a really long time (got to an entire new area with 4) because I couldn't find a female mercenary. Don't laugh. This is very important to me. I'd love to have a group of all girls exploring, being cut-throats, killing guards, refugees, and stealing their way around town. That's just me though. I'm sure some people have a conscience when playing games.

Anyway, point of this: add more female characters to the game. Rotate mercenaries you can hire. (No, I don't want another anger, brute, or warrior. I'd like a spearman or some archers next.) I'd also like to be able to start with more than 1 female character in a group of 4. So far, just trying out different 'new game' loads, I've not managed to get even 2/4 females in about 10 new loads. I think 3 male and 1 female characters is the default, at this point.

Here's to hoping there'll be an option to choose gender of your starting mercenaries in the future!

PS: I did finally find another female mercenary... and then another that I rescued from burning at stake! And after about 40 hours of playing one more. So now my group boasts a total of 7 mercenaries. The ratio is now 4/3. Still looking for that hot spearwoman to join my troop though...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment