Saturday, December 25, 2021

Tally time coming up and other Christmas things...

It's almost the end of the year. I'm shortly going to publish the list of what I've read this year (It's pitiful) and my thoughts on it. I'm not extremely happy with how many books I've read, but I am happy I took the time to re-read some favourites and try things I normally wouldn't due to random reading challenges. I'm also happy I spent a lot of the time I didn't read on more important things.

Yesterday, I watched The Age of Adaline, and beyond the main character being boring and not at all the 'remarkable woman' everyone in the film seemed to think she was, it was quite a decent film. At least for the the hour and 45 minutes it lasted I was entertained. (Though a lot of the romance is very cringey...)

Also yesterday, I made a whole turkey, for two people. The breast parts are so dry, they literally stick in your throat, but the rest of the meat, the filling, and the veggies were great. The veggies stuck to the pan and the turkey almost did too. But hey! It was fun and delicious.

I drank some unicorn wine. I got some presents. I gave some presents. All in all, a nice Christmas.

How did you guys celebrate? Put your own festivities in the comments! I'd love to hear about them.

Other news...

I've given up on my Wartales party because of (something like?) ADHD and it being a little bit too difficult on hard mode (uh-oh). I might actually have some sort of ADHD-condition without being diagnosed (yet). It's very difficult to stick to a single task at a time. The older I get, the less I can make myself focus, and difficult tasks especially are quickly dropped. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What can ya do? I'm just happy to try new things and weed out things that don't work for me (any more).

No comments:

Post a Comment