Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Hourglass editing progress

Hey folks!

I just wanted to give you all an update on Hourglass. A lot of you have made some edits in the early Google Docs chapters. Thank you for that! I really appreciate it. At this point however I've decided to take the manuscript off Google docs to work on it by myself. It's been a long time since I did an edit on it and I realized after your first few comments that it simply needs to be updated. That's what I'm currently doing and I'm at the moment on chapter two.

It has been going quite well. The first ten pages were easier than the most recent six pages. I couldn't even do more than six because it was just really hard. However I finished them and updated most of the manuscript on my PC (I edit on paper). They will need another edit (desperately!) but for now it's time to focus on the next few pages instead. If I get bogged down here, then I'll never finish it, and that's what this draft is for. To finish a recent edit of Hourglass.

I've also considered how to best keep you folks in the loop and decided it's probably best to upload a chapter weekly once they are publishable. This is what I aim to do from January 10 onwards. A chapter a week will be posted on Google docs (link shall be revealed on January 10) and you can leave as many comments as you'd like! I appreciate every feedback you have!

Does this sound good? Great! I look forward to seeing your comments on the new draft soon!

See you again tomorrow! Enjoy your day/night.

WriteBot.

No comments:

Post a Comment