Saturday, November 3, 2018

I got my first review! (And other achievements)!

Hi again!

Today is a very good day. I've been able to set up two of my books on Amazon KDP. These are Elegy of the Stars and Warlike (links to follow for both as soon as they are online) and I can cross them off my goal list! (Remember that long-as-heck list I made earlier today?)

They look really great too! They're all new with new detail information and an insightful author's note inside of them.

Several new goals have been added to the list when I crossed the two publishing goals off:

  • upload an author picture on my website and amazon author central page
  • keep track of publishing status and inform readers once the books are online
  • publish the short story anthologies next

Next we come to the best thing that's happened to me all week. (Although it's already two weeks ago since it happened... I just didn't realize it.)

I GOT MY FIRST REVIEW! Yeee-haw! That's so great! The story I got it for is Catching Fireflies.

You know why reviews are so important? Other readers can find me (and their other favourite authors) by reviews. The more reviews you have the more up the ladder you move on Amazon.

And it's a 5-star review too! Here it is (sorry about the quality... It's very small for some reason!):



I don't know who wrote it. They didn't identify themselves. Their pseudonym is 'Amazon Customer' (like the other millions of anonymous people who sometimes post reviews). BUT if I did. I'd send an e-mail just to thank them soo much. This review means so much to me. It's my first review. It's like a first book deal. I am going to celebrate it.

So really! Whoever you are, anonymous reviewer, thank you so much! I love that you took the time to review my short story. I know it's short (it's a short story after all) and I know you would have loved to read more (according to your review) and... here comes the best part! You will! I'm currently working on another part of Catching Fireflies. I never thought it would come to it because I considered the story finished. But Alas. It did. Mairie wasn't yet done telling me all of it. I just had to wait. Because you purchased the story (thank you so much!) you will of course get to read the update for free. I hope you'll enjoy it when it pops up on your Kindle in the next few weeks!

Again - thank you so much! I hope you're having the best day today and you'll find thousands more books you will love. (PS: check out some more of mine. They're great adventures!)

WriteBot Wins! I told you! Have a cheerful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment