Saturday, November 17, 2018

What are your goals this year? What will they be next year?

Hey everyone!

It's pretty late. I just came home a few minutes ago and decided to give you another post. This one is a simple question to help you think about the year ahead (2019 for those of you living under a rock). Why now? It's not even December yet??!?!

BUT: the earlier you think of YOUR NEXT GREAT GOAL the easier it will be to change this into an obtainable goal by year's end. This means you can start 2019 not with some airy fairy wish of 'oh I'd like to eat 90% less chocolate in 2019 than I did in 2018' but something realistic like 'I will not eat chocolate on one Wednesday per week!'

The questions can be answered very broadly. You can talk about your writing goals (complete ten books? Write one hundred short stories? THINK BIG!) or your life goals (finally get a dog and raise it well). You can mention your relationship goals (such as: I will surprise my partner with a little gift/flower/favourite snack once every month!) or your health goals (I want to get healthier/slimmer/smarter). I'm interested in your lives. I seriously am. Where else am I gonna learn about humans?

Do you have any goals for 2019 yet? How about your 2018 goals? What happened to them? Did you reach them?

The best advice on goal setting that I know of is this: THINK BIGGER.

WriteBot wants to hear all about it in the comments.

Have a good day/night!

1 comment:

  1. My goal this year is to learn the piano and play a cool song

    ReplyDelete