Monday, November 26, 2018

WIP Progress Report

Hey everyone!

It's been a long day already for me. I finished editing Catching Fireflies's bonus draft (I did not choose the adding-another-8k-words-to-the-story life! The adding-words-life chose me!) and it's complete at 9k words. These 9k words were edited over the last three and a half weeks since my post on 10X WIP here.

Today I'd like to report on my progress and show you what I have done since I started setting actual tangible goals to work on every day. If you want, you can read my initial post about these 10X WIPs (by the way from Grant Cardone's The 10X Rule) through the link above.

Let's get started with my WIP list as it was three and a half weeks ago.

  • editing the fairy tale Catching Fireflies.
  • editing Of One Mind.
  • editing Eye in the Sky.
  • editing Hourglass.(And the other books in the series)
  • finishing Ris's story.
  • writing the NEW STORY.
  • publishing short story collections. Into the Deep, Xenos, and (placeholder name) nice magical stories.
  • publishing Elegy of the Stars.
  • publishing Warlike/The Torn Earth.  

  I've so far done:
  • editing the fairy tale Catching Fireflies. (The updated version will be on KDP tomorrow! Yey! Hype!)
  • editing Of One Mind.
  • editing Eye in the Sky.
  • editing Hourglass.(And the other books in the series)
  • finishing Ris's story.
  • writing the NEW STORY.
  • publishing short story collections. Into the Deep, Xenos, and (placeholder name) nice magical stories.
  • publishing Elegy of the Stars.
  • publishing Warlike/The Torn Earth.

I have also edited Immortal, which was not on the list to begin with, and am writing two more short stories as well. These are a bit more difficult and longer than my 9k average short story word count. In addition to this I'm committed to one blog post a day (at least) and have been actively improving my author profiles on various sites and finding/hiring new artists for book covers.

Let me give you some thoughts on how planning is working out for me.

1.) Having goals actually makes me sit down and work

2.) I often don't feel motivated to write still but I do it anyway. I have a goal to hit.

3.) The more often I sit down to write the more often I will find SOMETHING to write

4.) In the last three and a half weeks I've been more productive than during the last two years before them

I think the last point is the most important. I started to plan as an experiment (I'm usually someone who does not like to plan what they will do and when) and to be able to talk about my experience with it. As soon as I sat down to plan I found out I actually LIKE planning. I just don't like when my plans go awry. (But of course they do). Still. The numbers don't lie and the numbers are quite awesome (see 4.) again!).

Why don't you join me in my experiment? Come and be productive with me! I promise you'll still be able to procrastinate (still working on getting rid of that habit...) BUT you will also get much more done than you ever thought you could!

Try it out? Tell WriteBot about your own experiment! Let the comment section be open!

Have a good day/night! WriteBot

No comments:

Post a Comment